Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Job Title: Trade Credit Services Vice President
Location: Jersey City
The Trade Credit Services Department is a part of the Business Control group and is responsible for supporting a syndicated/bilateral Standby Letter of Credit (SBLC) portfolio in the Middle/Back Office, including monitoring credit lines, invoicing clients, reviewing reimbursement agreements and related documents, and SBLC's. The Department Head provides overall direction and support to the people that manage and monitor the portfolio and works closely with the Group Head of the department. This individual is a subject matter expert in the area of SBLC issuance and documentation and management and will focus on daily activities of the staff, adhering to established departmental guidelines and procedures. This role is both tactical and transactional, and frequently exercises independent discretion and judgement to resolve complex or critical operational issues. We require an understanding of Loan IQ (the Bank’s loan booking system) and the ability to communicate via telephone with a variety of people including customers, banks, and client executives.
- Sets policies within the purview of bank and statutory requirements as well as government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day operational support of existing and new departmental processes and enterprises initiatives.
- Administers the appraisal/performance process per the performance evaluation standards set by the bank.
- Supervises and provides technical guidance to the staff, ensuring that all tasks are carried out appropriately, in a timely manner, in accordance with the bank's governance structure, and with minimal risk to the organization.
- Identifies areas for process improvements and/or value-added functionality, evaluates alternatives and presents options to senior management.
- Manages special projects, both cross-functional and internal, tied to the bank and/or the loan department's strategy.
- As one of the key business leads will provide input and feedback for the development of a new databases or functions, inclusive of enforcing procedures in accordance with the bank's and department's governance.
- Participates in Business Continuity exercises to ensure smooth recovery of applications in the event of unplanned business disruption.
- 7 to 10 years of specialized experience in Financial Services.
- Extensive experience in and expert knowledge of commercial loan and SBLC documentation.
- Experience managing a loan documentation team in an international bank or financial services institution.
- Expert understanding of loan agreements and terminology.
- Ability to synthesize technical information, analyze risk and identify mitigating factors.
- Proficiency in customer service and analytically skills.
- Excellent mentoring and management proficiency with demonstrated ability to delegate and influence others.
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress to-wards goals and track activities.
- Strong writtena and verbal communication
- Experienced in effective communication with external and internal customers; has experience interfacing with agent banks, relationship managers and treasury personnel.
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Lotus Notes, Loan IQ.
Acumatica Marketing Lead
40,000 Per Year
B2B Sales Executive - Austin, TX
75,000 Per Year
twentyAI is partnered with a Fortune 50 company and one of the global leaders in telecom. The client has a dynamic team of high performing executives operating out of the Omaha, Nebraska area. They are searching for entry to senior level sales execut
Software Engineer - SMA
140,000 Per Year
twentyAI is partnering with a privately-held global asset management firm known for taking a forward-looking, data-driven analytical perspective to money management. They are looking to hire a Software Engineer who will join a team that is responsibl