Practice Area Profile
At BCG Platinion, we are looking for full stack Software Engineers to lead the design, development, and implementation of Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) for clients looking to transform in the digital space. Our ideal candidates will have a combination of consulting experience, solutions architecture, and core engineering experience within web applications, mobile optimized solutions, some data analytics experience, and cloud to create beautiful, state of the art products for our clients.
- Iterative. They are excited to prototype at all levels of fidelity—and have the humility to walk away from ideas when they fail.
- Collaborative. They have the ability and enthusiasm to work with researchers, engineers, business consultants, and other designers who will all challenge and support each other.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know projects and businesses move fast. That means the path forward isn’t always well-defined. They are comfortable and collaborative through our process.
· Build technology products and systems at varying levels of fidelity and scale from lightweight mock-ups to MVPs.
· Demonstrate technical skill and/or content knowledge in a discipline or field. Use state-of-the-art methodologies, tools, and best practices.
· Provide a high level of quality on all work performed.
· Travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects
Successful Software Engineers at BCG Platinion Possess:
· Professional software development experience
· A bachelors degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
· Experience working in teams utilizing Agile development methods and tools
· The ability to perform work within budget allotted.
· Knowledge of when to proactively seek help and learn from critique/failures.
· Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done"
Additional Desired Competencies:
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Scripting and object-oriented languages, e.g. Java, Python, and C#
- Web services and message formats such as JSON, XML
- Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure as well as managed services on those platforms such as Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
- Mobile languages and frameworks such as Objective-C, ReactNative, and Java
- Relational and noSQL databases
- Emerging technology like AR/VR, IIoT, AI, Blockchain.
Data science and visualization applications such as Hadoop, Databricks, Spark, d3.js
What to include on your resume:
· A link to your portfolio/Git repository that demonstrates your affinity for software engineering and shows how you approach digital challenges
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design.
We support our clients’ total digital transformation through digital and technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system.
Acumatica Marketing Lead
40,000 Per Year
B2B Sales Executive - Austin, TX
75,000 Per Year
twentyAI is partnered with a Fortune 50 company and one of the global leaders in telecom. The client has a dynamic team of high performing executives operating out of the Omaha, Nebraska area. They are searching for entry to senior level sales execut
Software Engineer - SMA
140,000 Per Year
twentyAI is partnering with a privately-held global asset management firm known for taking a forward-looking, data-driven analytical perspective to money management. They are looking to hire a Software Engineer who will join a team that is responsibl