This role as Financial Controller will be a broad and all-encompassing and would suit someone who is hungry for progression, keen to get their sleeves rolled up and not be afraid to get stuck into the detail. Reporting directly to the Finance Director, you will drive the finance function in a hands-on fashion
The role involves but is not limited to maintaining a stable financial reporting framework and coordinating the external providers to deliver accurate, streamlined day-to-day accounting activities
You will play a key part in developing the finance function, developing and improving their financial processes.
Given the nature of the role and the culture, you will consistently partner with colleagues across all departments, including Engineering, Operations and Sales to enable well informed and robust decision making.
- Owning the month and year-end financial close process, co-ordinating with the external providers
- Managing payments and owning the bank reconciliation process
- Working closely with the team to improve financial operations
- Taking ownership of our intercompany reconciliations
- strategic automation of finance processes
- Contributing to development and implementation of long-term strategy for Finance systems such as NetSuite
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or Equivalent)
- Experience with Xero, experience of ERP transition (experience of NetSuite would be hugely beneficial)
- Interest in Cybersecurity / Tech (Series A, Series B)
- Experience working in a scale up environment in a fast-changing environment (ideally SaaS)
- Experience in full reporting cycle from booking transactions to preparing management accounts and financial statements.
- Willingness to be hands-on
- Desire to do things right first time
- Desire for process improvement and leveraging systems, software, and automation tools to achieve this
- Knowledge and experience of using tools away from the Excel Arena